With mooncake festival over for a week, I am left with many ingredients - lotus paste, flour, syrup etc
I am adverse to making more mooncake as I seriously do not think I will want to make them anymore.
While surfing, I found a unique recipe for walnut moonecake, its skin is the "crispy" type that is different from the traditional ones.
So i took the plunge and finished up all the lotus paste in one afternoon ....
Personally, I am not someone who enjoys kneading dough or shaping pastries .... somehow its not too bad this time.
Here's the recipe from e joise who extracted from baking mum
25g icing sugar
110g salted butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ammonium (can be omitted)
190g plain flour
13g custard powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Cream Ingredients A together till slight white and well mixed.
2. Gradually add in egg and mix well.
3. Sift Ingredients C together and add into mixture and form a dough. Do not knead.
4. Leave the dough in a plastic bag or cling wrap and leave in the fridge overnight or for a few days.
5. Weigh out the skin to 20g and 25g filling
6. Wrap lotus paste in the skin and decorate with Walnut (I stick walnuts to the side of the dough).
7. Apply egg wash and bake at 160ºC for 10 mins.
8. Bring out and leave to cool for 10 mins.
9. Apply egg wash again and bake for another 15 mins.